So yes I wrote Part 1 a little over a month ago and I figured it was finally time to write part 2 and list what the Pros of being a Drag Husband. This one will be a little different format and I’m going to just list them in no particular order.
1) The look in Vivian’s eyes when she is figuring out some thing new, whether that be a new costume, song, hair or what ever it is. Seeing the joy in Vivian’s yes just makes me melt and makes all the cons worth it.
2) The Pride I have for Vivian. Yes the Von Bs have made mistakes over these last 5.5 years and I’m sure we’ll make mistakes in the future. However through those mistakes Vivian has never lost sight of why she does drag. No matter what obstacles she has encountered she hold on to her principles and I couldn’t be more proud of her for it. She does it the Von B way and I know she will continue to do it that way.
3) The fun. Yes I will say it I have fun with all of this. I try to fight it as much as I can but in the end I can’t deny being married to Vivian is just plain fun. Now I’m not saying it is fun 100 % of the time but come on it this wasn’t fun why would we do it.
4)Raising money for causes I believe in. Now if I was going to rank these pros this one would be number 1 for sure. Over the last 5.5 years events that Vivian has participated in or ones that we have planned have raised tens of thousand of causes. For me the main reason for drag is charity and both Vivian and I have done every thing in our power to ensure that is a driving force behind the Von Bs.
5) The people I have met. If it wasn’t for Vivian I would have missed out on meeting some incredible people. Drag Queens attract some amazing people and Vivian is no different. I have met people that have made me want to be a better person which leads me to #6.
6) Being with Vivian makes me want to be a better person. Vivian’s heart is as big as her hair and honestly I want to be more like her. She always she’s the best in not only people but situations and I am doing my damnedest to the same thing.
7) The increase in my self confidence. When you are married to a Drag Queen you share them with everyone. This is something I have a problem with from time to time and some thing that I continually work on. It it was for Vivian I think I would be even more timid that I am. Yes I know some of you won’t believe that but it’s true.
8) The support we have for each other. Being gay is hard enough sometimes and being involved in the drag community makes it even harder from time to time. Neither one of us would be able to do anything we do with out the other one’s love and support. If it was for Vivian I would have never had the courage to apply to CCAD and get accepted.
9) She is my muse. Yes I know it sounds corny but Vivian really is my muse and inspiration for my art. It’s a new feeling for me but one that I am enjoying.
10) Love plain and simple. I love Jeff with all my heart so in turn I love Vivian. This is something I do not say or type quite often if ever but it’s true. As much as Vivian and Jeff are separate entieties the are the same. Each one makes me a better person and I’m lucky to have both of them in my life.
So there you have it my pros of being a Drag Husband. I’m sure one or two surprised you because one or two surprised me.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2015 Thomas Bartolomei